Cape Verde Islands

Sunday 15.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Here we go - yet again
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:46 am 

As if we aint heard enough by now, Domboy is at it again. Now he has yet another big funder who has signed an agreement to wipe out all their debt and finish the resort. I wonder what planet the new guy has just landed from. He obviously aint googled Sambala or Grepne! Does the new guy know about all the debt to the banks and the big number of current and impending litigants in the courts, the money owed to suppliers and contractors and the millions owed to a Russian/Panamanian consortium? Then of course the arresto!!!

So the bank funding has not come through even though it was all signed and sealed months ago. Domboy admits the bank aint talking to him. Maybe thats payback time for when poor Adalgisa was so embarrassed when she arranged some meetings with the banks before but Domboy and Grepne didn't even turn up! So how did Domboy manage to flout CV banking law in the first place and get the banks to sign up to more loans than they are allowed to provide to any one company under CV banking regulations?

Gotta hand it to Domboy in one respect. Most of his abilities fall woefully short of even average but his talent for telling tall tales, sweet talkin investors and dividing and conquering are unparallelled.

Sorry Dom, but I been there, listen to it and got a drawer fulla T-shirts. But your latest story will see you thru to February. Then youll tell us about the new but obscure funder who wont divulge how much he is investing for privacy reasons and will take until May/June to get geared up for construction again. Cant wait to hear it.

Post subject: Re: Here we go - yet again
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:26 am 

look's like it's definitly dead and buried now

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:03 pm 

Not dead and buried quite yet - just goin round in circles. Anyone with a memory longer than a goldfish (which aint including all investors by the sounds of it) will remember that Domboy put out a newsletter 18 months ago (July 2012 I think) explicitly telling 'em that 'a private investor had just paid enough money into Sambala's bank account to fund completion of the whole project'. Did Domboy lose that money too? The longer Domboy can keep on convincing the last hopeful muppets that he has a plan the longer he can keep authorities and creditors at bay. Some people just keep believing the crap.

Meantimey - investors will be happy to know that the Grepnes are still livin it large on the Cote d'Azur on their money - money that was supposed to go on construction. Have a look at http://www.entrecasteauxcc.eu/match-rep ... july-2013/

Seems that Grepne and son are even worse at cricket than they are at building projects. Aint capable o finishing anything!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:55 pm 

if you need to contact sambala over the xmas well you can,t because they are on holiday till jan 6 ,I wish I could go on holiday in my property but I can't

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:44 pm 

I suspect Domboy and family and the Grepnes will be having a plush Xmas yet again thanks to investors money. The only other person to have made money outta this apart from NCB and Phil Watson is the local guy who has been bottling the water from the desal plant and selling it in Praia!

Thanks B for all the info this year and last. Nxt year will surely see this sham brought to a proper halt once and 4 all and see directors struck off and punished for failing in their massive responsibility to hundreds of innocent people, and years of lies, deceit and incompetence that they are still in complete denial about.

I hope investors at least try to have a Xmas that approaches the happy and luxurious 1 that Grepne will be havin at their expense. I'm sure the funds he has tucked away will see him have many more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:02 am 

The financial institution which is going to fund this project would have done complete background check of this project. It would be nice to see this project completed within the stipulated time.
More information

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:24 pm 

and what institution is this ,the bank of monopoly probably

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:08 am 

Panther, re your post on 14th Dec, well, it is well and truly 100% dead + buried now. I just heard the Supreme Court has thrown out Sambala's appeal against the arresto so all assets on the resort (if you could call it that) r frozen for the long term. Not that it would make much of a difference. No one aint gonna give Grepne money while there r multiple court cases against them and with another HUGE group of investors about to lodge another claim. There must at least half a dozen arrestos in play against CV developers now.

Will b interesting 2c who Domboy blames for construction halt now. There is always someone other than Sambala 2 blame for their deceit and incompetence. 2014 will b another year of inaction. Should rename the resort Punxsutawney

The dead horse surely cannot be flogged any more.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:15 pm 

it's been nine years for me in february

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:52 pm 

Panther, do you actually own a property there? If so then I reckon you and other owners gotta get together and find a lawyer who can force an exemption of the annual property taxes 4 u all. Otherwise u will continue to be robbed for years by the local authorities while your property remains unusable. Lets face it - Sambala blew plenty of chances and there aint any more roles of the dice left. Will anyone ever get to use their props again? Looks like they r just gonna continue to rust, leak and grow mouldy until the plaster falls off inside and out. That's if they aint getting looted by now. The place looks like an abandoned concentration camp judging by the latest pics. I reckon those local villagers will soon be puttin nice new double glazed windows and boilers in their shacks.

Some used to think owners were better off cos they got their deeds but now looks like no one wins from this dead duck (except McGlynn and Grepne of course). We r all in the same shipwreck.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:08 pm 

hiya marky i am an owner bought and paid for , i agree with you about getting together and fighting in a group but as i was one of the original dirty dozen and been kicked of the so called friendly forum i stand alone ,and i think lawyers are the only winners in this i am not paying for them any more , i also think the cape verde government are as bent as grepne and will keep piling the tax on till we all walk away , i wonder how sick some of the sambala friends are now ,when the dirty dozen first came known we might have been able to fight grepne but i think all is lost ,it makes you wonder how some people came by their money , i had to work for mine that's why i am angry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:25 pm 

Grepne continues 2 show utter contempt 4 investors. Blaming us 4 everything. I reckon he actually believes his own lies to sooth his own guilt so he can carry on living in Monaco happily. That 'poor me' attitude makes me sick.

Grepne obviously has the money 2 pay the UIP if he can afford to live in Monaco. This totally proves he has no faith in the project and has written it off completely.

Breaking news - I hear Viceroy r now not communicating. Must be totally shamed by it all.

The apts will be auctioned off to the local middle classes in Praia who will pick them up for peanuts and move their families in. They won't be too bothered about pools and suchlike. Praia is short of such housing and this will justify the govt spendin the money on the road.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:32 pm 

been thinking this myself for a long time ,is it all part of the plot cheap ready made housing for the locals after we all walk away minus a hundred grand

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:15 am 

Yes, Panther. It'll end up rehousing the locals.

You only have to look at Facebook to see that the Grepne family r too busy lovin life in Monaco to think about us all. Penny likes to pose on fancy yachts by the looks of it, in between skiing in St Moritz. Domboy prefers Monaco and Marbella to Cape Verde too. When you think about it, if 'Joff' and Domboy had any love for Cape Verde they woulda moved there and could have overseen the project there. No wonder it failed. No real commitment - only to spending our hard earned money on themselves.

Makes you wonder how they can sleep at night.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:47 am 

And 'ere we go yet again. My predictions R scarily accurate. I said in the 1st post on this thread that Domboy would come outta hiding in Feb to fob everyone off for another while by telling 'em the money was nearly in the bank from a mystery funder (see above). He aint been answerin the phone for weeks and sure enough he now crawls outta his hole to send out a crude email with more crap. He could not even put his name to the email. The duck is still quacking.

I also predicted he'd blame the newspaper for tellin lies and it is all a misunderstanding and guess what? I'm scarily accurate again, as I always am on this forum.

Don't forget it was on TV too on the same day, Domboy - http://www.rtc.cv/index.php?paginas=13&id_cod=30134

YOU MUST THINK WE ARE ALL THICK. Anyone who has property in their name in CV has to pay annual property tax. Grepne has dozens of apts and shops in his name and has to pay UIP like all the other owners ave been doing. What makes him so special that he thinks he shouldnt pay it? CV is not Monaco and the local govt agrees. Even Sambalas lawyer Heli Sanchez is quoted as handing over apts in lieu of payment. Has no one told him the Special One is Exempt?

Now kindly come outta hiding again for a minute and give your flimsy excuses for Sambala's assets being frozen by the courts.