Cape Verde Islands

Wednesday 16.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Hello Djadsal Owners
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:05 pm 

My name is John and i live in Rochdale which is to the North of Manchester. I post as one john as i bought the apartment jointly with my Son in Law who is also called Jon, no H in his though.Had a windfall a couple of years ago and rather than put it in say a Building Society decided to buy in CV as we had just heard about it. Flew out on the first direct flight from Manchester for a week and ended up buying a Ground Floor in Block C through Topa. Been out with my wife again recently to see how things were going on. She loved the Gin and Tonics as they seem to serve them in pints in the restraunts.Would have liked to have visited other Islands but it seemed a bit expensive but hopefully in the future we will manage it. I suppose different people on this forum have bought for different reasons, personally as i can retire in 5 years at 62 i was hoping to then sell at a profit to bolster my pension. As regards rentals the jury is still out on that one as family seem to want to stay there so maybe we will have a bit of both. A friend from work has just returned from a holiday at the Riu and said " Theres nothing there" on Sal. I did warn him what to expect but i feel that the holiday companies do not always paint a true picture of Sal. Now the big question, "Have we made a good choice " in buying on Djadsal? , well i think the answer is yes,but i am no expert. I think the build quality could have been better but there again i am not a builder and what is OK for Sals climate would obviously be no good back home. I console myself on this issue with the 5 year building guarantee. I think the watchword in everything to do with Sal is "patience" i could see differences in Santa Maria in the short time since my last visit so what it will be like in 5 years it will be interesting to see. There seems to be no growth in prices on Djadsal yet but i assume until the Government stops any more building in the area the prices will remain stagnant. Have not decided if both of us will go out for the hand over next year but am keeping some holidays up my sleeve just in case. Best regards to all Djadsal owners and hope to meet you in the future for a beer on the patio, would have been a whiskey but the doctor has told me to stop drinking Single Malt !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:55 pm 

My name is Rob and I'm an alchoholic [:)] and live near Northwich in Cheshire.I've also bought in Block C jointly with my sister and brother in law. Our apartment is on the top floor. Although with hindsight we know we should have negotiated harder I've fallen a little lucky as my deposit was bought with the sale of my shares in various companies, the highest amount was with HBOS. I traded the shares at just over a tenner and today they're quoted at less than £3.
I've still not been to the Islands but my brother in law went for the inspection trip and convinced me it's a beautiful place.Looking at the photos I'm certain he's told me the truth
I've bought as a long term investment and hopefully somewhere to stay for three months a year when I decide to pack in work which won't be for at least another fifteen years.
What do I want from my apartment until then? Hopefully the mortgage and ground charges paid for with rentals. Will that happen? I don't know.
Are we (all Djadsal owners) going to join together with regard to compensation for the building delays?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:31 pm 

As far as i am aware the only person on this forum that has been refused compensation had no such clause in his contract.The statement from Turinvest that he quoted about having to charge us more if there was no delays sounds like hogwash to me as we have already agreed on the price and it is in our contracts. A lad from Ireland in Block B recently said his solicitor ,the same one i am using,had got him nearly 3,000 Euros in compensation for the delays. So lets wait and see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:56 pm 

HI EVERYONE
MY NAMES JEAN I ALSO PURCHASED WITH MY DAUGHTER 2ND FLOOR BLOCK C, WE ARE FROM HULL EAST YORKSHIRE.
IT SEEMS THAT THE ONES THAT SIGNED THERE CONTRACTS FIRST ON THIS BLOCK ARE THE ONES WITH NO COMPENSATION CLAUSE, READY (JAN 2008)!CANT UNDERSTAND IT AS BLOCK B HAVE IT IN THERES AND YOU LATER ONES HAVE.
WE DONT HOLD OUT MUCH HOPE FOR IT BUT HAVE JUST WRITTEN TO OUR SOLICITOR SEE IF SHE COMES BACK WITH ANYTHING,

j robinson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:38 pm 

Hi everyone,

I am a capeverdian from Brava Island, and I decided to invest in Sal since we are not so fortunate to have beautiful beaches like in Sal. We have other things that no other Island have, but my parents moved back to the Island and own a beautiful house there. So I feel lucky to have a place to stay in both islands. I own an apartment in Block C, and regarding the comments I've seen here about the delay in the construction I have to say this to everyone.
Capeverdians will never die from STRESS. Everything is in slow motion. It is their (our) nature! Living in US for over 30 years, I feel a bit stressed out and I need to move back, to relax and live the rest of my life in Peace. Cape Verde means Peace, no rush, and NO worries. When the apartments are complete everybody will enjoy it and forget about the delays, etc. PLus with the best seafood, lobsters, crabs, and the best fishes in the world, along with the best italian wine, everybody will feel like in PARADISE. I am looking forward to meeting everyone there, for a good swimm, great music(mornas, coladeiras), great dance clubs, the best and hot "moreninhas" in the world, and the best welcoming people you can find anywhere. I mean, I just ralize living abroad for so long I feel a bit impatient, but again Capeverdians DO NOT KNOW the meaning of TIME. To them it does NOT exist. Pure and simple! Make an appointment with the PRIME Minister for 12:00Pm and see if he will show up on time. IMPOSSIBLE!

Timing does not exist in capeverdian Culture. Great Country, Great people but forget about delivery on time...etc.etc.

I think the rest of the world should follow capeverdian's philosophy of life...Live, be happy, be marry and die...

So, All this to say, it is still on time for capeverdians, and if it is not ready yet, NO WORRIES.

tropical guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:07 pm 

Look at some pictures from Brava. No doubt the MOST beautiful Island of the whole Cape Verde. If you Stop by Sal, make a case to visit Brava. It is well known as the garden of Cape Verde!
Copy and paste in your browser or click link below:

http://www.ecaboverde.com/cat9.htm

tropical guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:29 pm 

Hi, I am from Bulgaria and I am going for a first in CaboVerde. I am goind in Sal in Djetsal Hotel. I will be windsurfing as well. What do you recommend as place for sport, having fun and eating out?

Svetla Popova