Cape Verde Islands

Sunday 20.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: djadsal moradias
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:50 am 

hi as anyone bought an apartment in block c djadsal, do you have any idea when they will be ready our contract says Jan 2008, did you get anything else from the developer when you signed or just the contracts.

j robinson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:16 pm 

Hello,
I also have an apartment in Block C and all I have is a contract the same as you, if you read the contract it says there is 180 days tolerance on it so in theory the developers have until July to complete Block C, after speaking to the developer they said that it may be until November that they are completed but this is worst case, when I spoke to my solicitor he said that I would be entitled to compensation if the build goes beyond July, the developer would be charged interest daily (approx 7%)of the value of your property when you bought it on a pro rata basis, so for example say you bought your apartment for 100000 Euro and your apartment wasn't completed until 6 months after July then you would be entitled to around 3500 Euros compensation.

SNEDDS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:42 pm 

thanks for that we did see that they have 180 days we had been told it could be jan 2009 hope not , i read somewhere that we should have plans with stamp from camara on, im just getting panicky incase we missed something .

j robinson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:05 pm 

We received this via e-mail the other day

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>We are pleased to update all of our clients on the latest information we have received in relation to the progress on the Sal Atlantis development.
Block A construction is now finished.

Block B has been painted and they are now working on inside and the windows are in place. The developer estimates completion will be March/April 2008.

Block C is yet to be painted. The Developer tells us completion will December 2008. <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:28 pm 

hi

has anyone any up to date photo`s of block e

thanks

chez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:04 pm 

Have also bought in Block C, ground floor. Going out at Easter to see how things are progressing. Will be asking about build quality and seeing how they have managed to rectify the reported shortcomings in Block A , among other things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:03 pm 

hi one john
been away for a few days just read you are going out to cv at easter , if you could get some photos and any infor that would be great , we have just been told that it will be january 2009 when they will be ready.
jean

j robinson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:33 pm 

Hello Jean, was hoping nobody would ask for photos as i am of the agegroup who tends to struggle with this interweb thingy ! Rest assured though i will do my best to post any details i can get when i return, probably about 2nd April. Bought through Topa who now have an office near our hotel and they are going to get their Rep to meet me and take us onsite and hopefully answer any questions i have. If she cant then the Turinvest office nearby will be getting a visit from me.Sorry to hear that the completion date appears to be slipping into next year as i fancied Christmas in the apartment, but this all brings up the subject of compensation. When it is completed, my son in law, who is joint owner, will be going out to do the snagging and see to the legal side of things. Have to decide at Easter if we are going to have aircon unit fitted,probably will as it will be better for the rental market. Maybe the compensation will pay for the aircon unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:06 pm 

We've bought in Block H so as we will have a bit longer to wait than everyone else it will be useful to find out what problems you have along the way. Am hoping that by the time they get to ours everything will be sorted out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:30 am 

Hello Ticklemeelmo,
Could you tell me what completion date you have for Block H,the reason being is you could probably add another year onto the completion date if Block C is anything to go by.

SNEDDS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:21 am 

sneeds

i`m in block e and that is march 2009

regards

chez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:04 am 

Hello Chez,
If your contract says March 2009 then you are probably looking at the end of 2009 at rhe earliest for completion unless they speed up construction.

SNEDDS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:25 pm 

sneeds

do we still have to pay the installments in the samr time frame ?

chez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:29 pm 

CHEZ,
Yes you will have to pay your installments as your contract says, don't be late in paying them, pay them on time just as your contract says and that way you haven't broken your side of the agreement, the reason I am saying this is that when it comes to paying you compensation then the developers don't having anything against you not to pay up compensation i.e. late payments.
I only have 3200 euros to pay and this is to be paid on completion of my apartment but with it running late I am expecting this payment to be written off, so I get my apartment even cheaper than what I paid for it.

SNEDDS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:31 pm 

sneeds

i was only hoping

chez