Cape Verde Islands

Friday 20.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: block D
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:32 pm 

Has anyone seen the current state of block D . I have heard that they are unlikely to be finished before the end of the year due to delays on other blocks. I keep having to reschedule my visit to sal to take ownership and wife is starting to say just get rid - but i want to stay loyal as in a couple of years i think we will get the benefit of the sun and beaches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:39 pm 

I Have friends over there and they assure me that they are working flat out to finish block D for xmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:46 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bodybuz</i>
<br />I Have friends over there and they assure me that they are working flat out to finish block D for xmas.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

hehehe...don't make me laugh...

Christmas of 2012?

Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:47 am 

Have had a reply from Fabrizio and he is personally taking some pictures to send Monday. As soon as i receive them i will post them on to you all.

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:49 pm 

thanks I look forward to viewing and keeping fingers crossed for the end of the year

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:26 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by gooner69</i>
<br />thanks I look forward to viewing and keeping fingers crossed for the end of the year

I read on Capeverdian Newspaper (Liberal) that the mayor from Sal is crying out to the Cape Verde government to intervene because the situation in Sal is terrible, going from bad to worse:

Use a translator from google below:
In short it says Dja de Sal Lost 20-25 employees. The Construction company PG went from 120 workers to 40 in 120 days. Hotel crioula went from 200 employess to 100. NovoHorizonte closed its doors.Belo Horinzonte temporary suspended half of its work force. Hotel Rio 30% of the employees were laid off.... besides increase in crime, drugs and so on...
check this link below and use the translator from goole or Babel Fish from AltaVista dot com to understand it what is going on...

http://liberal.sapo.cv/noticia.asp?idEd ... on=noticia

And the rest is history...

"A deputada do MpD acabou mesmo por elencar alguns dados preocupantes do desemprego na ilha do turismo: o Porto Sal e Opway determinou uma “suspensão temporária por 120 dias”; a empresa PG construções que em Maio de 2008 tinha 180 trabalhadores, neste momento tem 40; o Crioula Hotel que tinha 200 trabalhadores, neste momento tem 100; o Novohorizonte fechou as portas; o Belohorizonte decidiu suspender temporariamente de cerca de metade dos trabalhadores; no Hotel Dja de Sal 20 a 25 trabalhadores perderam emprego; o Morabeza e Albatroz dispensaram outros tantos; no Hotel Rio, mais de 30% foram despedidos. É este o cenário descrito pela deputada do Sal"

Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:35 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bodybuz</i>
<br />Have had a reply from Fabrizio and he is personally taking some pictures to send Monday. As soon as i receive them i will post them on to you all.

Dave

Hey buddybuz,

I heard Mr. Fabrizzio has been on vacation in Italy for 6 months. Can you confirm?

tropical guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:38 am 

Tropical Guy - don't know where you got that info from, but I was in Santa Maria and met with Fabrizio on 2 occasions in the week from 20 - 27 April.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:57 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bigc</i>
<br />Tropical Guy - don't know where you got that info from, but I was in Santa Maria and met with Fabrizio on 2 occasions in the week from 20 - 27 April.

Cape Verde is full of rumors, and this one, was a joke instead of bad rumors, I guess.
Thanks for the update.

tropical guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:04 pm 

Also buying in Block D and went out for a week earlier this month. Met with Fabrizio who was still adamant that some of the Block D apartments would be finished for Dec. Our personal view was that May/June would be most likely for the block to be any where near fully finished. Had a look around Block D and plumbing and electrics are in, and they were just starting to tile in a few of the apartments. Photo wise not a lot to see - still looks as it did a couple of years ago!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:01 am 

Hi Guys

Have some pictures, not great. How do you upload them to here ?

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:04 pm 

heard today that it has been now put back to end of march 2010 - MAYBE !!!!!!! but they said everything was going well - ha ha they are having a laugh. will we ever get into our places ?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:43 pm 

I too have had an email about completion put back to march 2010.

However I am more concerned about the news that block C appartments have no ovens fitted. Obviously if the wiring/pipework is not installed it will be difficult to retro fit the oven.
Anybody know if the ovens in A & B are gas or electric.

I have emailed turinvest to ask if our block D appartment will be fitted with an oven, which is clearly included in the furniture pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:25 pm 

i had a reply from turinvest saying that they do not know if they will fit or not !!!!! if they dont know who the hell does ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:13 pm 

anyone had anymore news on blok D - progress ? completion date ? what actual appliances we will get ? etc ? as turinvest don't seem to be saying anything.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next