Cape Verde Islands

Sunday 20.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Block a "leakin roof"!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:08 pm 

Just received email from kim,concerning damp in apartement in ceiling due to heavy rainfall.
the electricity is off,and she is checking for damages,fabrizio has asked for a list , for compensation,, however i will be their myeself on the 16th,so i'll know more then,gotta get the roof checked out!
anyone heard anything?

bp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:56 pm 

Sorry to hear whats happened but it is good to know that compensation will be forthcoming. Presume it is a flat roof, bound to leak.Heard there had been some rain in CV , how heavy was it? Think i am better off on ground floor, that is unless there is a flood !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:17 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by one john</i>
<br />Sorry to hear whats happened but it is good to know that compensation will be forthcoming. Presume it is a flat roof, bound to leak.Heard there had been some rain in CV , how heavy was it? Think i am better off on ground floor, that is unless there is a flood !
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

If you go on om cape verde tips on this site and click on photo gallery and scroll down to for more pictures movies and albums click here,then click on the picture Rainy Times - Aug 08 you can see just how bad the rain was.

carol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:26 pm 

sorry john,may have bad news for you,just got another email telling me that kim had to move clients from ground floor apartements into ours as they are all flooded,all the rainwater is backing up,into them,and she's not sure what they can do about it,cant wait to get their now!

bp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:05 am 

Not to worry, i am in Block C so there is not much to damage yet. Looking at the photos that Carol put us on to it looks as if there are few if any drains on the roads and the land that flooded was lower than the roads . I suppose they are not used to something that we have to take for granted.Hopefully modifications will be made to all 5 blocks in the light of whats happened. Wonder how they went on in Block B ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:25 am 

WoW...who would have thought it would be like that....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:05 pm 

Just had a look at the photos i took and asked my wife if she could remember the on site meeting in our apartment. The layout in C has been altered, not sure about B.Floodwater would not easily enter from the front but at the back is a different matter. I think in due course i will take this up with Turinvest. Not sure about the roof being flat looking at the photos.Bilbaopaul how are you going on for rentals and would you reccomend Aquisal ? As i said earlier i live just to the North of Manchester, are you anywhere near me ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:17 pm 

hello john,

yeah kims great keeps in touch regularly,emails statements,does all you can ask really.
i live in Liverpool john, not too far from you,going as i say on thwe 16th,if you need me to do anything for you.

bp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:48 pm 

Thanks for the offer BP, if i can think of anything i will post on here. Will be seeing the other Jon tonight who is co-owner. Told him about the deluge on the phone this morning. Perhaps we could arrange a meet sometime in the future after you have got back. Have too many questions to ask regarding when ours is completed to put them on here. Anybody else out there that lives near us ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:34 am 

Bilbao Paul,
Sorry to hear about the flooding and hope Turnivest will compensate under the 5 year guarantee. Do you have insurance taken out on you apartment.
Would you mind confirming as an owner in Block A - if you have received your deeds to your apartment.
No one has ever confirmed yet that they have received their deeds for block A which is completed over 12 months and this frightens me as Block B is now completed and I am concerned if there are problems with the title deeds.
Thanks and hope everything works out with the flooding. I am on 2nd floor Block B so maybe it was'ent such a bad decision.
Spin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:56 am 

That's usally a thread stopper Spin.....I've asked in various forums and it goes dead..Sambala too, there are plenty of people saying I know jim, cousin of bert down the road from kim who has it, but nobody in person.

I was asured that it was built without planning and would have difficulty in getting it, see other forums from 18 months ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:29 pm 

worwilly

what are you saying then ?

chez

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:47 pm 

I have yet to hear of any person getting their deeds to the properties. I don't doubt that it will be sorted out sometime but that may be a while away.

What I wonder is what are the Solicitors doing about it, as someone said block A was finished over a year ago, even when a place in the sun went there someone purchased in block A but complained they could not get there deeds.....I'm amazed that at least 1 person has not got them yet, there must be something going on but ask the owners and its hush hush. So if anyone in block A has anything to add it would help a lot, as this question keeps getting asked over and over again, so come on block A....SPEAK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:10 pm 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by one john</i> Anybody else out there that lives near us ?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Im not too far away, Northwich.

Rob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:32 pm 

Thanks Rob. Which Block have you bought in ?