Cape Verde Islands

Sunday 22.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: salinassea latest info
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:02 pm 

To anyone buying in Salinassea.

I have just had a reply to an email that I sent a couple of days ago asking where the development was up to, I don't know if anyone else has had correspondance from OA.
Basically what they are saying is thatthe development won't be completed until the begining of the second half of 2011. They give various reasons for this, the world financial crisis being one. But they are claiming that there have been delays with the sewerage system upgrade that is apparently being done by the local authorities, or as they say public entities. They also claim that as these works are out of thier control they can invoke clause 10 article 3 "force majeure" which basically allows them another 180 days to complete the project. From a personal point of view I would agree with this as long as the sewerage work is the only thing left to complete. If however the building works are unfinnished then I would think the argument is void and a claim for compensation would be in order. Has anyone had similar? any feedback appreciated, hope this is of some assistance. By the way I was considering copying the email direct to the forum but not sure of legal implications. Also I nearly forgot! as a measure of goodwill they have offered 4weeks stay for 2 persons BB in one of the hotels owned by the group, to be taken how and when you like (subject to availability).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:29 pm 

Sorry Jimski I don't have any info regarding the development, but if you do decide to take their goodwill offer, they do own the best hotel in Mindelo - the Porto Grande - so I would definitely recommend spending a weeek in Sao Vicente & you could take the ferry to Santa Antao whilst there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:51 am 

Hello,
I am in contact with them and visit from time to time.... construction is going ahead, there seems to be enough workers on the site.
check the pics here

http://www.salinassea.com/news_final.html

I was told, maybe wrongly, that they had to complete by mid 2011 because they already had bookings....???

anyway, have a nice and sunny day!
[8D]
chrisfishermanCV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:56 pm 

Hi Diddydonna,

It would be a good offer but in reality they are not giving anything away. If the developement had been completed on time I would have 4 weeks holiday anyhow + earning an income.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:01 pm 

Chrisfishermancv, you can see the development on the salinassea link true enough, but it has not been updated since February. I did mention this to Nuno Oliveira and he sent a couple of photos by email, but these where very restrictive in the way they where taken.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:59 pm 

I'm instructing my solicitor to try and get my deposit back - I'll keep you posted on any news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:37 pm 

Hi Pete Brandom

Just a little more info,a friend of my wife and her husband have just returned from Sal. They stayed in the Riu, and they took a trip to salinasea. They told the builders that they where us and aked to see the development. The builder took them in and showed them around, even took them into the show appartment. They said that the quality was superb and could tell that it was going to be a very upmarket hotel. The builders said that the completion date would be this time next year. They took lots of photos but the wife got sunstorke on the day after and did not leave the hotel room until the night before they flew home, and guess what? she lost the camera.
The camera however was handed in by another guest but when the asked for it they where told that the reception only had the camera case. They are trying to get it back and if they do they will let me have the photos, fingers crossed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:06 am 

Good to see the development will be finished. I bought in Salinasand over the road and have been told it will not be built. They are dragging their feet about returning cash. Seems to be a view that they can wait until the completion date (next year) has lapsed before they pay out. Was offered a place in Salinasea but no reduction on the price there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:05 am 

Hi Trombo,
Check on the completion date, on my contract it was April 30th but if you read it properly it states that the date is of no concequence.
In the latest email that I received they do state that this is mentioned in the contract. I think they will use this 'opt out clause' to their advantage if they can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:52 pm 

I'll take your advice. Interesting that you have had an email. My communication has been via the solicitor. What do you plan to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:15 pm 

Hi Trombo,

I still think it's a good investment opportunity, my wife is not so sure now. With regards to the flop world wide I personally don't think that I could have done any better elsewhere. I do think that OA are running a little bit scared about paying out compensation but I would expect this from anyone. While I feel the novelty has worn off a bit I am going to stick with it for the time being. I have lost money with Red Hot Homes going bust, not my depposit but the legal fees, this was mostly due to not being able to get any sort of reply from Amado and Medina for months on end, and I have lost money with the crap exchange rates, but in reality I cannot blame OA for this.
All I can say is that up to now OA have been OK with me, I have dealt mainly with Nuno Oliveira and Filomena Fale. I will give it a while longer and then decide, I am still hopeful and don't want to jump ship too early.
I have binned Amado and Medina a long time ago and have been in touch with another solicitor who will carry out the necessary works for me, so basically it's 'watch this space'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:09 pm 

Just to let you guys know i was there last week and building work continues apace. Plenty of activity.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 pm 

Trombo wrote:
Good to see the development will be finished. I bought in Salinasand over the road and have been told it will not be built. They are dragging their feet about returning cash. Seems to be a view that they can wait until the completion date (next year) has lapsed before they pay out. Was offered a place in Salinasea but no reduction on the price there.

Hi Trombo

What did you decide to do about the above? I'm in the same situation and am keen to hear if there have been any developments.

Post subject: Re: salinassea latest info
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm 

Sunlight and others

I did not accept the offer as it basically was no where near the SalinaSea offer. Essentially it is an invitation to buy shares in their hotel and get a couple of weeks holiday as part of the deal. Am starting the new year talking to OA and my useless solicitors to see what is happening. Have had silence from OA and NDR for nearly a year now. Cannot recommend NDR. Generally lost confidence in all concerned with the honourable exception of Cape Verde property who have been supportive.

All the best for 2013

Post subject: Re: salinassea latest info
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:32 am 

Hi everyone
Just to let you know Oasis Atlantico have put a new video of Salinas sea on youtube, search under "oasis salinas sal"