Cape Verde Islands

Sunday 20.10.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Paradise Beach
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:35 am 

Hello all

Has any buyer on PB been informed of a date for signing with the Notary.
Something is not right here as the first properties were completed in March. Any news?

Mary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:01 pm 

Hi Mary
I think you have been waiting 5 and a half years for completion so far. Your patience deserves complete honesty and up to date information from Paradise Beach. I am sure if you contact their office on 00238 9991939 or even call Laura Power on her mobile on 00238 9991939 she will give you the latest info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:20 am 

Savannah

Have you heard something? There are rumours on the island about a legal problem.

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:38 am 

We have received completion package and our Notary date is booked for
middle of OCT by P/b in the courts.this is south side phase 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:39 pm 

We have finally completed on our appartment....it has taken a long long time.

Really looking forward to going back to CV when the furniture is installed.

Long term plan is still on track...just taking longer than anticipated!![:)]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:29 am 

Closing on 11 th phase 4,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:46 pm 

With the Notary signing we also have to sign into the Resort
Managment contract at the same time.
Are you happy with the details in that contract, and the costs involved for the managment of P/B/ on our behalf, which are payable from signing date.Did your lawyer advise you before signing this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:23 pm 

Hi
Im going to sal next week to sign for my 2 bed apartment in block 5 if anyone is over next week maybe we could meet up.i will also take photos and upload them,i am looking forward to seeing the whole development.What have you been told the management fees will be.i want to make sure we are all being charged the right fees.
Regards Tony

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:16 pm 

We have a copy of the Resort Management contract, had to actually request it, to see if we wanted to sign it.and agree to the rules and regs
Have delayed Notary while awaiting Clarification on some points.
No ,there are no charges on the contract copy we have hence not signed ,as still awaiting more info plus costs etc/.
Lawyer has been dealing with this for the last 3 weeks.
hope to have some clarification soon.......then we can move forward ,hopefully......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:23 pm 

Hi
Just got back from a week in sal,were i have just signed for my 2 bed apartment on pb.Its the first time i have been to the island and must say i was very impressed with what i have seen.It was very stright forward with opening bank accounts and paying the stamp duty and other fees,although i did not sign at the notry until the day i flew home which was cutting it alittle bit to fine for my liking.I also had great help from Tracey at pb.she was very helpful and was always there in person or at the end of the phone if i needed help.she even drove me to the notry to sign the deeds at the 11th hour.If anyone is going over to sign themselfs i would make sure i speak to tracey she will give you all the advice you need.I bought my furniture pack from sammuel homes.although my pack does not sail till today i did see the show home,and again must say i was impressed with the furniture when i saw it in situ.It really helped that geoff and his wife are now living in one of the apartments on site.they could not of been more helpful,they even helped me set up my new bank accounts by taking me to see the bank manager of bes which is located at the front of villa verde.I would recommend anyone who has not got there pack yet to give geoff a call you wont be dissapointed with the quality of the furniture or the sales service.I came away from my holiday very pleased with what pb has to offer and how far it has come on in the last 12 months.Hotel starts after christmas,phase one will be completed in a couple of months,supermarket opens onsite around march and phase 2 starts after christmas.i think in the next 2 years it will turn out to be a really good investment for all of us.also the weather helps really warm with very few clouds and great beaches.[8D]

Post subject: Re: Paradise Beach
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:49 am 

Hi Golder - I'm currently reviewing the PB Resort Management Agreeement. Did you get the necessary clarifications you were seeking? Were there any changes you requested and, if so, were these addressed to your satisfaction before signing?

I am looking to understand if the PB Resort Management Fees are comparible to other Resorts (i.e. Tortuga / VV etc)as they appear high to me. Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Regards,
Corky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:19 pm 

1 bed on vila verde approx €1500 per year.
What are paradise beach proposing?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:04 pm 

Peter,

PB is expected to be €1440 for 2bed. There are no 1 bedroom apts that I am aware of.

Thanks,
Corky

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:57 am 

Hi All
Anyone know whats happening at Paradise Beach these days? Some forums have vapourised, eg cape-verde-investor-forum.com and others are very quiet regarding Paradise Beach, making it hard to get any updates.
Has the hotel started yet and is the supermarket and restaurant open?
Cape verde live (another forum thats ceased) said in Apr that all work had stopped on the site and only 1 resident (a 'Jerseywoman') was living there.
Does anyone really know whats happening please.
Savannah

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:53 pm 

Good question.
I see that they have updated their photo and video gallery recently.
Another mention of the 'supposed' hotel operator announcement!
One really wonders if there are in discussion with hotel operators, they have being mentioning various imminent announcements on a hotel operator for the last couple of years - seems like a fudge to me...........

The resort looks nice in the gallery photos, but you would really wonder what the Management Company are up to...