Cape Verde Islands

Monday 23.10.2017

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: Paradise Beach Arresto
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:59 am 

I have bought a property on Paradise Beach but cannot go to deed because of an Arresto that has been placed on the property due to a legal dispute between PB and Cape Verde Developments. Is there anybody out there in a sililar position to me and if so what information do you have in relation to the Arresto and its removal?

Post subject: Re: Paradise Beach Arresto
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:05 am 

Absolutely nothing appears to be possible to speed up its removal. My lawyer suggested in November last year that a) it was done in error b) it would be removed by christmas and here we are with zero progress and no likelihood of any in the foreseeable future. Either sit tight and wait or give it up as a very bad dream!
W

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:15 am 

I have heard that the arresto was placed on some randomly chosen apartments on the North Side of Paradise Beach by 2 companies (Go2CapeVerde & Balwerk ) owned by Tom Sheehy, one of the ex-directors of Paradise Beach. He is also involved in Murdeira Beach. He is claiming €8million from Paradise Beach (I don't know what for). It went to court last year but the judge resigned from the case before hearing it. I understand that Tom Sheehy's lawyer in Sal is the President's wife. I understand it is to be heard by the Supreme Court of Cape Verde now (don't know when it is scheduled for and am trying to find out). Has anyone heard anything else at all?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:12 pm 

we cant complete on the south side due to the arresto, any more info out there?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:14 pm 

It is apparent that the Cape Verde legal system is slow and complicated. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how attention could be brought to this situation to speed the removal of the arresto? Do you think adverse media publicity would help? Any other ideas?