Friday 23.08.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: TACV Now flying twice per week - Barcelona to Sal
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:25 pm 

See today's edition of A Semana

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:22 pm 

Steve

May I request the direct link for the flights please? If the price is right this may be a god send for me. Easy jet from Newcastle then straight to sal from Barcelona.

I'm hoping for some good news from you!!!! Don't let me down! Ha

Mark

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 5:48 pm 

you can also fly from birmingham
maria[:D]

May I request the direct link for the flights please? If the price is right this may be a god send for me. Easy jet from Newcastle then straight to sal from Barcelona.

I'm hoping for some good news from you!!!! Don't let me down! Ha

Mark
[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:05 am 

http://www.asemana.publ.cv/spip.php?article64107&ak=1

Mark,

You obviously dont know TACV well . Sorry to give bad news but this company are a state run joke - it is nearly impossible to book a flight with them as they have no website . Try FLYTACV.COM - there may be a phone number on there. Or do a search and you may get an Amsterdam phone number. However, I have managed to book a flight via email with them - try reservas@tacv.aero. Best of luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:21 pm 

Steve

Many thanks.

Yeah, I know the company, however regarding CV I try and keep my glass half full!! If I dont I'll end up insane!

I'll give it a go.

Regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:35 pm 

Hi Stevec,
There also appears to be something happening at Beja, in Central Portugal. I am told it is an old US airforce base, with a 3Km runway, which has been converted for domestic flights. At the moment they are looking for carriers to use the facility, and our old friend TACV have already done a trip from there to Sal. I am also told that there are currently two flights per week coming in from Heathrow, which depending on price, might suit some people. The more the merrier!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:01 pm 

You can book TACV flights on Opodo.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:40 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JB</i>
<br />Hi Stevec,
There also appears to be something happening at Beja, in Central Portugal. I am told it is an old US airforce base, with a 3Km runway, which has been converted for domestic flights. At the moment they are looking for carriers to use the facility, and our old friend TACV have already done a trip from there to Sal. I am also told that there are currently two flights per week coming in from Heathrow, which depending on price, might suit some people. The more the merrier!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Hi , I bet that Heathrow flight will be jam packed its so well advertised . Depending on price - yes - try and find out the price - I bet its impossible (subject to what Diddy has just said - I bet you cant see time table or price selection but can only put in a specific hit or miss date so you get so fed up with searching you give up). Thanks for the info anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:11 am 

Hi Steve. It's not like you to be so defeatist, you're normally so positive. Hope things are still good for you.

I guess a good way of checking who flys where etc. is to use skyscanner.net

Just put in the country you are based in, eg. UK, & SID for the destination. Click on the calendars & select whole year & bingo! You get all direct routes & a whole bunch of indirect suggested routes & carriers.

Sorry I don't know how you might find out about proposed/potential routes though.

Hope this helps. It's a good starting point for research anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:25 am 

Hi Diddy,

I have never been positive about TACV. I just looked at Opodo and you can only find TAP flights Heathrow to Sal - not TACV - with a stopover in Lisbon. Looks like the TACV flight is doomed to fail already if you cant find it. I will follow your Sky Scanner advice - thanks !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:42 am 

I meant you are usually positive about CV not T.A.C.V.

I was originally responding to the Barcelona -Sal flights which you can find on Opodo. I havent looked, but if you cannot find the Heathrow flights, then maybe they dont exist yet via T.A.C.V, or are a code share.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:09 pm 

Thanks Diddy. Still positive about Cape Verde too !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:36 pm 

Just read JB's post. I think he/she was saying that 2 flights come into the Portuguese airport from Heathrow & if TACV start flying from there it would be another possible connection point for Sal.

Have a great day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:14 am 

What a grand job TACV's marketing director is doing. I bet everyone knew you could already fly from Madrid to Sal and I bet everyone knows how to find the prices and book the flights (apart from through the search engines which come up with routes that take 19 hours and cost #1500 and where you cannot specify a date range so you give up after two tries). How anyone could disagree with privatisation ........

Friday, July 15, 2011

TACV Cabo Verde Airlines starts direct flights Barcelona/Sal/footnotes/News Detail

14-7-2011
TACV Cabo Verde Airlines starts direct flights Barcelona/salt

The Cape Verdean Airlines (TACV) already started direct flights from Barcelona to the island of Sal, which passes the count with two leads per week from Spain.
According to the head of Department of Marketing of TACV, Celestino Carvalho, about a year ago the carrier Cape Verdean had already started the route Madrid/salt.

With the introduction of flight Barcelona/salt held on Saturdays, on Boeing B757, flight Madrid/salt, becomes on Mondays.

In a statement to the news agency Inforpress, Celestino Carvalho said that the line Barcelona/salt "is within the expectations of the company" in these early days of operation.

The TACV, through its Chairman of the Board of Directors, António Neves, admitted recently the possibility of the company carry out also regular connecting flights between Bissau and Lisbon.

"There is an interest on our part and the Guinea-Bissau authorities. We are engaged in it ", said António Neves, in balance sheet press conference for a five-day visit to contacts with the authorities bissau-Guineans.

The Chairman of the Board of Directors did not put forward the date on which will start connecting flights between Lisbon and Bissau, but pledged that "everything indicates that it will happen in the near future".

Currently, the Cape Verdean company League Bissau to Praia, passing by Senegal for five days a week via an airplane ATR.

14-7-2011, 00:46:43
Source: News Agency Inforpress/ExpressodasIlhas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:21 am 

Celestino Carvalh0 - I bet your flights are really full. If you would like to know why there is such great demand - the 5 P's of marketing are

P - Price - Customers must know what they are
P - People - Customers do actually exist but you cannot find them as they cannot find you
P - Promotion - Have you heard of this word ?
P - Physical - Customers must actually be able to physically buy your product
P - Places - Where do you fly to ?