Cape Verde Islands

Sunday 15.09.2019

View unanswered posts | View active topics

Post subject: flying from dublin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:55 pm 

I have bought in djadsal moradias block B and envisage competition around May. I want to fly to sal for a long weekend but can't work out how to fly from Dublin. Is there anyone out there who has made a weekend trip and how did you do it.

Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:08 pm 

I think you can get a Ryanair flight from Dublin to Manchester & then get a flight to Sal with Astraeus or Thomsonfly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:26 pm 

I think the problem is that you want to just do a long weekend. The only way really is to fly Dublin to Lisbon and then Lisbon to Sal. TAP/TACV are the only carrier that travel more than once a week. I warn you though. That will take you 12 hours each way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:29 pm 

The other thing to note is that TAP change to their summer schedule in April I think. This will obviously mean that you shouldn't base your trip on the current days/times. Their flytap website easy enough to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:07 pm 

Hi Colmh,
as Iemanistan states the Dublin-Lisbon-Sal route would seem to be the most suited to your plans but having traveled that way twice I would sugest that the minimum stay you should plan for is 5days. Left Dublin at 7-30am arrived Sal Midnight local time having spent a very pleasant day sightseing in Lisbon. (I think there may be an earlier Lisbon-Sal flight now) On the return trip you leave Sal at around 1am local time and with a couple hours stopover in Lisbon you are back in Dublin for lunch. So as you can see you really need to allow 2 days for traveling.
Most of the routes through the UK involve either 1 or 2 overnight stays. Hope this helps.

Cheers
Bernard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:24 pm 

HI COLMH , HAVING DONE THIS ROUTE MANY TIMES I WOULD GO AERLINGUS TO LISBON AND THEN WITH TAP OR TACV TO SAL, IF YOU LOOK AT THE TAP WEBSITE YOU CAN USE THERE CODESHARE PARTNERS TACV ON CERTAIN DAYS AND CATCH THE EARLIER FLIGHT TO SAL ,I THINK THE WAIT IS ONLY ABOUT 2 HOURS BUT THESE TIME CHANGE VERY OFTEN SO HAVE A CLOSE LOOK BEFORE YOU BOOK, ON THE RETURN THE 1 AM FLIGHT BAVK TO LISBON IS FINE AS THE WAIT AGAIN IS ONLY ABOUT 2 HOURS BACK TO DUBLIN, NOT ANY EASY JOURNEY FOR ONLY A FEW DAYS AS I HAVE DONE IT A FEW TIME AND YOU WILL BE KNACKERED BUT ITS WORTH THE JOURNEY, PRICE WISE IT ALWAYS COSTS ME ANYWHERE FROM €800 -€ 1200 DEPENDING ON THE DAYS OF THE WEEK AND TIME OF THE YEAR, IF YOU LOOK AT LISBON AIRPORT FOR THE TACV PHONE NO THEY WILL TELL YOU THE TIME FOR WHEN YOU WANT BUT SOMETIMES I THINK THE DONT KNOE THEMSELFS, BECAUSE OF THE COST YOU SHOULD STAY FOR AT LEAST A WEEK OR TWO THE PRICE WILL BE THE SAME, ENJOY YOUR TRIP !!

tony dempsey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:07 am 

I'm sure I saw somewhere very recently that TAP are just about to offer promotions on the Lisbon to Cape Verde routes. They saw a 25% increase in passenger numbers last year, so they're putting on more flights. I guess the offer is designed to fill these extra trips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:14 am 

True TAP have put on an extra flight but it leaves at 10am and the flight from Dublin does not land till 09.55 so a day in Lisbon is still on the cards. The prices however have come down I have today priced a trip from the 20th to the 29th of May @ €529 per person Dublin-Lisbon-Sal return. This can vary day to day but this is the cheapest I have come across in the last 2years. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Bernard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:34 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jbmcgrath1</i>
<br />True TAP have put on an extra flight but it leaves at 10am and the flight from Dublin does not land till 09.55 so a day in Lisbon is still on the cards. The prices however have come down I have today priced a trip from the 20th to the 29th of May @ #8364;529 per person Dublin-Lisbon-Sal return. This can vary day to day but this is the cheapest I have come across in the last 2years. Hope this helps.
Cheers
Bernard
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">hello jb would it be possible to get a name and contact no for that qoute as i am going out in april for a look before i take the plunge and any advise would be gratefull too and thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:22 am 

Hi cbrman,
Just log on to the aerlingus and then the tapportugal sites.
Keep your dates and the length of your trip flexible so you can match up the cheepest on both legs.

Cheers

Bernard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:55 am 

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jbmcgrath1</i>
<br />Hi cbrman,
Just log on to the aerlingus and then the tapportugal sites.
Keep your dates and the length of your trip flexible so you can match up the cheepest on both legs.

Cheers

Bernard
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">hello jb thank you for swift reply much appriciated